Waiting on Wednesdays

The Master Magician (The Paper Magician Book 3) -  Charlie Holmberg

Throughout her studies, Ceony Twill has harbored a secret, one she’s kept from even her mentor, Emery Thane. She’s discovered how to practice forms of magic other than her own — an ability long thought impossible.

While all seems set for Ceony to complete her apprenticeship and pass her upcoming final magician’s exam, life quickly becomes complicated. To avoid favoritism, Emery sends her to another paper magician for testing, a Folder who despises Emery and cares even less for his apprentice. To make matters worse, a murderous criminal from Ceony’s past escapes imprisonment. Now she must track the power-hungry convict across England before he can take his revenge. With her life and loved ones hanging in the balance, Ceony must face a criminal who wields the one magic that she does not, and it may prove more powerful than all her skills combined.

This was actually released a few months ago, but apparently I missed making a note of the release date when reading books one and two. While it’s not the best series I’ve read this year, it has a really interesting premise and I’m still curious to see how it all ends.

Release Date: 2nd June 2015