Waiting on Wednesdays

The Red Queen - Isobelle Carmody

After years spent struggling to balance her desires with her responsibilities, Elspeth Gordie has fully embraced her role as the Seeker. Battle-scarred and lovelorn, haunted by memories of her beloved Rushton, Elspeth is not prepared for what she finds at the end of the black road she travels: the Compound, a lost community with a startling secret. As Elspeth strives against her captors, she learns that Rushton and her friends have fallen into the hands of the deadly slavemasters that rule the Red Land. And worst of all, as Elspeth stumbles, the Destroyer creeps ever closer to his goal: awakening the cataclysmically destructive weaponmachines that Elspeth has been charged with stopping.

Has all her sacrifice been in vain?

I cannot even begin to describe how badly I need to read this book. I started this series ~17 years ago, and it has been a long (and sometimes painful) wait. This series was published a couple of years after I was born though, so some people have had a much longer wait than I have! Either way, it’s great to finally see the last book ready to go.

Release Date: 12th November 2015