A Town Called Dust: The Territory 1 - Justin Woolley

As an Australian, I am an absolute sucker for books set in Australia. When that book happens to be a genre I enjoy and involves zombie-like creatures, there is little that will stop me from getting my hands on it.

LUCKILY there was nothing about this book to let me down.

I really enjoyed the plot, it was different enough from all those other zombie-like books/movies out there to keep me entertained. As much as I don't mind good zombie-based media, it does get tedious seeing the same thing over and over.

It took me a little while to warm up to Lyn, but Squid had my heart pretty much right from the very beginning. The supporting cast are quite intriguing in their own rights - especially the dynamic between state and church as horde shambles towards Alice. I think many people will see real-world parallels in how they interact not only with each other, but the wider populations they're attempting to protect.

This is a really great read, even if "zombies" or "dystopia" aren't really your thing. And if I haven't convinced you to drop everything and go buy it yet, stay tuned for a review of book 2 later this week.